Monday, December 31, 2007

Welcome '2008'

A new year beckons on the door.Though i am perplexed to call it a new year or another year, I am really excited for the coming year as i carry lots of hope to fulfill my dreams, stick to my resolutions and changing many things, which i don't like but they bedazzle me to live with them. On every new year eve i take some resolutions but they go away by the mid-night. So i have fragmented them for the year. But every year cajoles me with this HOPE.
As the year passed i must salute it for all the things i learn from it in those 365 days. I lost something, i gained many things. I esteem the things that i got and and forget the things, i lost. When i look into the pages of my life some 364 days back, i feel glad for what i have turned into. I know these mutation inside me has transformed me to think, to act/react, to see the things around me, in a completely different way but it gives me gratification.
It is not that changes have been hovering around me only. The world has changed too. Now the letter "I" is becoming more pertinent. Wait, i am not talking about the i-pod, i-mate, i-google and not even the much hyped product of the year, "i-pill". :-) I am talking about the letter "I", which has brushed aside the word altruist, completely and is agonistically striving to show its power.
So, i hope that the new year gets enough vigour to show this "I" its stature and make it exist within its limit.
Some five years back, on 31st dec night, i was sitting on my famous/infamous "Shahi ji ka dhaba". I asked one of my closest friend, "Why don't we review the year that is leaving us?" After a short discussion he said to me, "We should never look back into the past but always learn from it". So i will try to learn from the year which will be with me for a couple of hours more and will welcome the new 'guest' with lots of hope and happiness.
WELCOME '2008'

No comments:

Post a Comment